February 07, 2023

How Do I ...

Planning & Zoning

What is the ZBA? How do I apply for a variance?

The ZBA hears variance requests when a request has been denied by the Planning & Zoning Administrator or Building Official. This board of 5 regular members, plus 2 alternate members, is made up of local volunteers with various backgrounds.    Please call the Planning & Zoning Department at: (269) 781-5183 or send email to: TNelson@cityofmarshall.com if further information is needed.


Informational Article about the Zoning Board of Appeals and the State and Federal Regulations that bind them

Zoning Board of Appeals Rules of Procedures

A variance is a request for exceptions from the Zoning Ordinance.

Click here to download a Variance Application.

The ZBA meets on the third thursday of every month at 7:00 p.m. in Council Chambers.   Due to statutory noticing requirements, deadlines for submissions are strictly adhered to:

 Click here to see ZBA submission deadlines for 2020


posted 12-28-2022 [Planning & Zoning]